Welcome to DVLA's Vehicle Licensing Online

Site/Services Unavailable
DVLA is sorry the service is currently unavailable due to essential maintenance.
You can:
Try again later or apply in person at a Post Office® branch that issue tax discs. You will need the following:
  • A MoT or Goods Vehicle Test (GVT) certificate, if you need one for your vehicle. This must be valid on the date the tax disc starts.
  • The payment for vehicle tax (unless your vehicle is a type that you do not have to pay vehicle tax for).
  • A valid exemption certificate if you are applying to tax the vehicle in the disabled tax class. (This does not apply to invalid carriages).
  • For vehicles registered to a Northern Ireland address you must also take an insurance certificate or cover note.
Certificates must be originals and not photocopies.